Our contact information is as follows:
1517 Caird Way
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Secure Phone and SMS (via Signal): +1.727.485.3688
Personal data we collect
We may collect personal data, such as name, email address, transactional data (such as purchase information), and technical data, such as information about cookies.
Use of this data is restricted only to our use, to provide a smooth experience for our visitors.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
We do not support the uploading of media files from visitors. You may send media content to the email address listed above for your convenience. We prefer PDF format for documents.
We do use web-based contact forms through which you may contact the author. By default, these are one-time submissions that are not retained on the site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
There are occasions where cookies are used to provide for a smooth user experience. These contain no personal information at all and expire in one day or less.
There are two tracking cookies used for analytics:
- WP.COM (WordPress)
- GOOGLE.COM (Google Analytics)
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website. Any example would be image caching at WP.COM.
We use two analytics packages here. Both drop Tracking Cookies:
- WP.COM (WordPress.com)
- GOOGLE.COM (Google Analytics)
Who we share your data with
Who do we share data with? Nobody. Nada. Zilch. What happens here stays here!
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
However, should you wish to have your comment removed, please contact us. You should use Email as the preferred method of contact in such cases.
Where we send your data?
We have a sincere interest in your privacy. We don’t send any personal data to anybody!
Website security descriptor
We provide a secure experience by providing encryption on all connections to the website with Transport Layer Security (TLS). Versions used:
Our server sets the preference for what encryption ciphers are used. We prefer strong ciphers with Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS)
The jaredsec.com domain is protected by Secure DNS records. This mitigates IP address spoofing problems caused by DNS and Cache Poisoning attacks.
The jaredsec.com domain has a Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS record.
Industry regulatory disclosure
We are registered and in compliance with, the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
We are also in compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Individual/User Rights under the GDPR
- A right to be informed: Grants users the right to know what information is being stored about them.
- A right to access and portability: Grants users the right to request their information at any time.
- A right to rectification.
- A right to be forgotten: Grants users the right to have all information about them completely removed.
- A right to restrict processing.
- A right to object.
- A right to fair treatment: Grants users the right of fairness when subjected to automated decision making/profiling.
Our Obligations under the GDPR
- Data has be processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently. Requires that consent is given.
- Personal data has to be collected for a specific, explicit, and legitimate purpose and only used for that purpose.
- Personal data must be adequate, relevant, and limit collection to only what is necessary.
- Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Personal data should only be kept in identifiable form for the shortest period possible.
- Personal data should be processed in such a way that ensures the security of the data.
- The controller (Jared Hall) is responsible for being able to demonstrate compliance with these principles.
1.0. Initial release. 12/15/2019